Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Improvement suggestion on Find References

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 22 2011 : 9:16:59 PM

class CEscalatorDlg : public CModelessDialog
{
public-?-?
         //....         
	UINT GetPlatLen()const;
private-?-?
	void Generate_pair(const XPoint&ptInsert);
	void Generate_single(const AcGePoint3d &ptInsert);
         //....
};

Now take a look at img:
(1)Generate_single(),where the one reference reside,the appearance is not different with that if it was a normal extern function!
Sometimes if I have finished a large percent of the code I will Find references of a member function to see if any extern func refer to it or if only inter use I perhaps change it into protected or private!
(2)because,in fact,Generate_single() is a member of CEscalatorDlg, No matter whether I am do search on symbol in the same class scope or not,when display the finding reference result in pane,to display Generate_single() as CEscalatorDlg::Generate_single-?-?-?-?is better.or other style can clear the scope or indicate reference symbol in the same or derived class.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Nov 28 2011 : 6:56:15 PM
quote:
[...] to distinguish class-member and the non-member function [...]

I see. And since class names won't be shown for non-member functions, you will be able to distinguish.
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 26 2011 : 11:25:47 PM
(1)
quote:
point 2 and case=62960

I will be very glad to see it implemented soon.Perhaps you can consider to set a option in settting dialog.
(2)
quote:
point 1: What version of Visual Assist are you using? Derived and base class references have a different icon in recent builds.

version is 1856.I have a test,it's relly true that Derived and base class references have a different icon!
B1 is derived from BaseClass:

I feel very glad about this.And case=62960
can totally imitate a similar approach I think.
And what I originally mean,the key point,it's to distinguish class-member and the non-member function that refer to the srearching symbol.
accord Posted - Nov 25 2011 : 3:27:56 PM
point 2: I have put in a feature request to show class name of methods where the reference is found to see what the developers make of it:

case=62960

point 1: What version of Visual Assist are you using? Derived and base class references have a different icon in recent builds. Other classes and non-member classes would also be easily distinguished if case=62960 will be implemented.
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 23 2011 : 9:04:35 PM
Follow the above sample:
class CEscalatorDlg : public CModelessDialog
{
public-?-?
         //....         
	UINT GetPlatLen()const;
private-?-?
	void Generate_pair(const XPoint&ptInsert);
	void Generate_single(const AcGePoint3d &ptInsert);
         //....
};

(1)VA should make a difference on display style to distinguish whether the function is in the same class or derived class with finding symbol contrast to normal non-member function.

Along with sample,Generate_single() display should be different whether it's the same class member with GetPlatLen()or not.
(2)The result referencing functions if it's a member of class,then should better contain the class info to clear the scope.
I.e,Generate_single()is refer to GetPlatLen().And the window should display CEscalatorDlg ::Generate_single() instead.

You should be aware of the cpp file name cann't supply more valuable info,because perhaps a file may contain more class implementation and many normal non-member functions.
I think the (1) point is necessary and the (2)Can consider.
accord Posted - Nov 23 2011 : 5:25:22 PM
1. What do you mean by extern and intern function? Do you mean that you cannot distinguish whether the references are from the same class or a different one?
In this case it seems that GetPanLen() references are from the same class, since there is no class reference before the function call, like "something->".

2. Filenames in find references window should guide you - EscalatorDlg.cpp means CEscalatorDlg in your case. Do you put multiple classes to the same files?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000