Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA commits selection when when I don't want it to

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jmoleary Posted - Apr 06 2022 : 2:20:47 PM
I'm writing code, adding a #include directive and I cannot stop VA from completing it incorrectly.

What I want to do is this:

#include <string>

As I am typing, VA has chosen an item in a suggestion list that is "string.h". That's not what I want but I've set VA to only commit on ENTER and TAB so I think I should be fine.

However as soon as I hit the '>' character, VA does select "string.h" and that's what I end up with

#include <string.h>

Not only have I been sure to only allow ENTER and TAB set as my commit characters in VA options, I have also removed *all* commit characters from Visual Studio's own completion characters.

I uploaded an image of the tooltip I see just before I hit '>'. It confirms that only ENTER and TAB are my commit options. I've also uploaded an image of my current VA options. Note that the tooltip is faded a bit (due to my screen snipping tool) but it's there

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 07 2022 : 06:42:16 AM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=148033

I have been seeing the same thing here, but never really noticed it or thought about it, but yes, this listbox does seem to accept differently to other listboxes. Then again, it is listing different content, so in that specific sense it is "different".

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000