Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA 2420: different coloring in split window

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Apr 20 2022 : 1:09:22 PM
As you can see on this screenshot, there are two locations in the same file, with copy/paste code inside the very same method, yet the same variable is colored differently: ".OperationData" on the right side of the screen.

VS2017, Win7
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 22 2022 : 08:20:35 AM
We are working to make colouring more stable and reliable, so hopefully these improvements will help with this, and at least let us pin it down more reliably if it keeps on happening.
Uniwares Posted - Apr 21 2022 : 10:56:57 AM
Very unstable, changes with scrolling (horz+vert) and clicking, the OperationData exists as a member and as a Type (i know VA has problems with that). Still, i'd expect the same error in both panes.
C#, lines ~150 chars.

I dont think you can repro that without my whole project. In this case I really cant pass that on. So, just "make the error stable"
feline Posted - Apr 21 2022 : 10:07:10 AM
That is odd. Is this a fragile colouring problem, or is it fairly stable, as you move between the top and bottom pane of code?

C# or C++ code? How long are the lines of code, approximately? I can see the vertical dotted line, so I assuming we are only looking at 100 characters long or there abouts.

So far no sign of this here.

My first thought is that VA takes a moment or two to apply its colouring when new code appears, so its possible that is a factor here.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000