Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Rename limitation.

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bsaksida Posted - Dec 26 2006 : 06:07:21 AM
I am using a lot of #define withn a project. to avoid using #include to the page using #define declerations, i used it in the stdafx.h. So when i rename a #define, the rename doesn't rename what is in stdafx.h
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Oct 29 2007 : 02:36:55 AM
case=4295 is fixed in Build 1614
support Posted - Oct 29 2007 : 02:20:36 AM
case=3493 is implemented in Build 1614
feline Posted - Dec 29 2006 : 1:57:36 PM
showing the function or context for the Find References Results has already been requested

case=3493
bsaksida Posted - Dec 29 2006 : 09:33:30 AM
I don't even have luck in finding even for a second. (For me)

But VS2005 built-in find reference and doesn't skip stdafx.h.

You coud also add for find reference, to display in witch function is it

feline Posted - Dec 29 2006 : 08:50:57 AM
Thank you for the project. Can you try upgrading to VA 1543? initially I saw exactly the same problem as you, but after a bit of fiddling around Find References is now working and is finding the references in stdafx.h

The trigger for this for me seems to be related to changing files.

Opening the solution in VS2005, with only one code file, stdafx.h open, the file with all the #define's in it. *sigh* Some of the time Find References is showing stdafx.h and some times it is not.

Currently "SYNTAX_LOGINLEVEL" shows this header sometimes, but not other times.
But so far "SYNTAX_ADDRESS" never shows this header file.

After changing files and jumping around a bit Find References on "SYNTAX_ADDRESS" starts to list stdafx.h

Given what I am seeing here I think it may be the same problem as case=4295, so I will update the case with these results.
bsaksida Posted - Dec 28 2006 : 7:10:26 PM
http://users.volja.net/bsaksida/code.zip

This is my project. (It will be OpenSource)

Even if close IDE, or delete .ncb and .suo file, it doesn't work. Not even for a momnent.

Now for other problem.

look inside core.h function
Void deleteUsers (ListView::SelectedListViewItemCollection ^selItem)

strID = selItem[i]->SubItems[intID]->Text;

in this case sometimes intellsence doesn't recognize SubItems
feline Posted - Dec 28 2006 : 3:44:31 PM
If you close and then reload the IDE, and do an Find References on this #define does it find the reference in stdafx.h?

I have finally, after quite a bit of experimentation, been able to reproduce on demand a problem where Find References does not report all references for a #define value. This seems to the problem I ran into when I first tried to reproduce this.

For me Find References works correctly for the #define when you first load the IDE, but then stops working after a certain number of file changing operations. This may be the same problem that you are seeing. So far I cannot reproduce any simple bug that is specific to a #define inside the stdafx.h file.

case=4295
bsaksida Posted - Dec 28 2006 : 1:31:26 PM
Of course it is working correctly for #define functions. Onlythig that is is skipping stdafx.h from search.
I am using VS2005 and VA is Build 1551.
feline Posted - Dec 27 2006 : 11:36:59 AM
which IDE and version of VA are you using?
based in an initial test here I am not sure VA supports renaming #define declarations. is VA correctly renaming the other references?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000