Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 goto next error

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eve Posted - Jul 04 2007 : 12:37:03 PM
Hi,

VAX is somewhat able to detect compilation errors before you compile a file (they are underlined like a spelling mistake).
This is nice, but it would be even nicer if there would be a way to jump to the next error, or to have a list of all these errors, certainly in large files. This way you could remove the most obvious mistakes before even starting a compilation.
Of course spelling mistakes in comments should be skipped or handled separately.

What do you think?

eli
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eve Posted - Jul 05 2007 : 07:51:57 AM
Thanks feline.
feline Posted - Jul 05 2007 : 07:46:21 AM
You can already step through spelling errors, just use the toolbar button for spell check or the menu item "VAssistX -> Tools -> Spell Check..."

Stepping through mistyped symbols is an interesting idea. As sl@sh says sometimes they are caused by VA not having caught up with your latest typing, but a lot of the time, especially when renaming an existing variable, that the underlining is stable and very important.

I have put in a feature request for this:

case=7487
sl@sh Posted - Jul 05 2007 : 04:24:28 AM
I like the idea, although in my experience underlining is mostly caused by VAX not keeping up with my changes

Regarding spelling errors, these are already handled seperately within VAX(*). So I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to excempt them from 'error navigation' once it gets implemented.

(*): You can see that when you set the coloring for spelling errors. Personally I set it to orange, so I can more easily discern it from potential coding errors.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000