Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Static filter for "Open file in Solution"

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
joelmz Posted - Mar 31 2010 : 4:46:00 PM

Hi all, I use the "Open file in Solution" and "Find Symbol" features alot & they are great for getting around the large projects I am working on.

My feature request is a static filter on the search, for example I use Ctrl+G as the "Open file in solution" shortcut, so I go Ctrl+G then start typing, the problem is it brings up all files such as the resx & Designer.vb files which I don't want to see.

I propose a static fitler (which is remember from the last time you use the screen) so you can type in "-*.resx -*.Designer.vb" with a tick-box to quickly turn it on/off.

See attached image for more detail.

Cheers for the excellent product :D
Joel
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Sep 24 2018 : 2:28:47 PM
case=117760 is implemented in build 2291.
sean Posted - Jul 13 2018 : 3:15:47 PM
case=25837 is implemented in build 2283.

Use the context menu in the Open File in Solution dialog to display the edit control for the persistent filter. Hide the edit control after adding the text that you want to always persist. The text affects filtering whether or not the control is visible.

But the checkbox didn't make it. Opened a new case for that: case=117760.
sean Posted - Mar 31 2010 : 8:49:36 PM
Thanks, the checkbox is a good addition. case=25837

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000