Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 namespace thread

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kimbo Posted - Aug 08 2014 : 05:00:30 AM
Hello,

I have a namespace called "thread" in my cpp library. VAX isn't able to suggest functions from it and it's not colored like a namespace. Create/Goto implementation works fine.

Is there anything special with the name "thread"? I'm still using VAX 10.7.1925, so maybe it is solved by now.

thx
kimbo
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kimbo Posted - Oct 25 2021 : 05:59:12 AM
Okay, thanks.
feline Posted - Oct 21 2021 : 08:35:13 AM
Unfortunately this is still in our list of things to fix, but I have just increased the priority on this, it has been a while. Support seems to have improved a bit, just rerunning some of the tests from the bug report, but its hardly fully fixed.
kimbo Posted - Oct 20 2021 : 11:45:53 AM
Hi feline,

I'm afraid to ask after 4 years, but are there any news about case=111173 (special handling of "allocate" member function)? :)

"Create/Goto implementation" still doesn't work, "Goto Related" opens a dialog with "Goto Related is not available for this text."
feline Posted - Sep 27 2017 : 6:26:20 PM
In these cases, is "allocate" being called on a variable? I am wondering if you can use alt-g on the class variable instead. Alt-Shift-g, for the Goto Related command may be more useful here, since on a variable of the class type, you can then select either "Type of Symbol" or "Goto Member...", which will list the class members, letting you pick the member you want to go to.

For my test code, Goto Related -> Goto Member is listing the "allocate" member function, so hopefully this will help you.
kimbo Posted - Sep 27 2017 : 1:56:31 PM
Thanks for your response.

I don't implement allocation functions that often but we have lots of allocator classes where I miss the alt-g feature to look into the implementation details.
feline Posted - Sep 19 2017 : 08:57:27 AM
That is unexpected, but I am seeing problems with both alt-g and Create Implementation for a class member called "allocate()". Also I am getting the wrong VA colouring for this function as well. I have put in a bug report for this:

case=111173

For me, if I trigger Create Method Implementations on the class its self, then I am able to tell VA to create an implementation for the "allocate()" member. Does this also work for you?

For the namespace called thread, this is a known problem, but I don't currently have an estimate for when this will be fixed:

case=84365
kimbo Posted - Sep 14 2017 : 09:41:29 AM
Sorry for reviving this old topic, but I still have no suggestions when typing thread:: (VAX 10.9.2231.0, VS 2015.3). Besides that, VAX doesn't allow me to create/goto implementation for all member functions called allocate. Both words are colored white instead of yellow and red, IntelliSense is turned off.

Simple example code:
class Allocator
{
  void* allocate( size_t size );
};

namespace thread
{
  void test() {}
}

int main()
{
  thread::_

return 0;
}
feline Posted - Aug 14 2014 : 1:49:01 PM
Thank you for the update, that's a useful work around. You might be interested in this setting:

http://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W325

since the snippets are all for functions in the same namespace, you could have them all start with the same few letters on the shortcut, and this setting helps here, since they will be suggested based on the common start letters.
kimbo Posted - Aug 14 2014 : 04:31:43 AM
No, but I created some snippets for the most used functions ;)

Thanks for your help.
feline Posted - Aug 12 2014 : 7:37:33 PM
Interesting, I would not expect that the case of "thread" on the namespace would matter. I have put in a bug report for this:

case=84365

Is changing the namespace name an option for you? Changing it to something like "thread_space", depending on your preferred naming conventions looks helpful.
kimbo Posted - Aug 12 2014 : 06:16:58 AM
It is turned on. But I disabled Intellisense in the text editor options.

When I press Ctrl+Space "IntelliSense: No additional information available" is displayed in the status bar.

A "Thread" namespace works fine but our coding guidelines prefer lower case namespaces ;)
feline Posted - Aug 11 2014 : 11:35:12 AM
Do you have:

VA Options -> Listboxes -> Get content from default Intellisense

turned On or Off? We normally suggest having this turned On in VS2010 and above, but it does not always help.

Even with this turned off, I would expect CTRL-SPACE to do something.
kimbo Posted - Aug 11 2014 : 05:26:18 AM
I'm using VS 2010.

When I type in "thread::" nothing happens and Ctrl+Space doesn't show me any suggestions.
feline Posted - Aug 08 2014 : 8:59:03 PM
Which IDE are you using?

How are you trying to access the members of this namespace? Directly, via "thread::" or via a using namespace line?

I am not seeing any obvious problems with listboxes on a simple test with VS2010 and VA 2043, working with "thread::"

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000