Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Background color slightly off when hovering

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Jan 29 2020 : 04:15:17 AM
VA 10.9.2358.0 / VS2019 16.4.3

When hovering over the document structure bar (the one where you can collapse code) the segment under the mouse is slightly highlighted. As one can notice in the screenshot below, the items drawn by VA are with black background instead of the slightly lighter gray.

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jan 31 2020 : 08:16:11 AM
The problem might be in your VS2019 profile, rather than your VS2019 install. If you want to test this theory, close all instances of VS2019 and then run this command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" /RootSuffix VATest

this will launch VS2019 with a new, default profile. So you will be asked the normal first run questions. You will need to install VA from the online extensions store, since installing normally won't install VA for this profile.

You can load your current profile by simply running the IDE normally, and load this profile again by running the same command above. You can run the two profiles at the same time if you want, but it is easy to get confused doing so.

If you don't get any odd problems with the test profile, but you do with your default profile, then we know its a profile problem, and reinstalling VS2019 probably won't help, but you can reset your profile if you want.
Uniwares Posted - Jan 31 2020 : 06:49:47 AM
I�ll do a clean install when VS2019 release comes out.
feline Posted - Jan 31 2020 : 06:39:10 AM
It shouldn't. I have just tested this with a clean install of VA 2358, and there is no problem when switching the theme to Dark after VA is installed. Something odd happened here for you, but after the fact it can be hard to figure out what went wrong, sadly.
Uniwares Posted - Jan 30 2020 : 11:39:38 AM
Does it make a difference if you switch to dark theme in VS before or after VA installation? I am pretty sure that I switched to dark theme after installing VA.
feline Posted - Jan 30 2020 : 11:37:14 AM
I tested this on a clean system, VA never installed, and then imported your settings into VS2019. Comparing VS2019 and VS2017 settings, with both IDE's set to dark theme, was how I pinned down where the difference lay. So the background colour should have been set to Default on VA install, at least in theory. But apparently this didn't happen for you, but I don't know why.
Uniwares Posted - Jan 30 2020 : 11:08:56 AM
Right, setting it default solves the problem. Although I think the setting was made by VA itself on installation, but am not 100% sure.
Uniwares Posted - Jan 30 2020 : 10:37:04 AM
Weird stuff. Will check it out.
feline Posted - Jan 30 2020 : 10:18:22 AM
Thank you for the files. There is something odd with your settings. I am seeing the same problem here when I import your settings, but if I "fix" the background colour on the following items in the IDE Options dialog -> Fonts and Colors the problem is fixed:

VA Class
VA Method
VA Variable

in each case you have the Item Background set to "Custom", but if you change this to "Default", which looks the same, then the problem goes away, at least for me.
Uniwares Posted - Jan 29 2020 : 08:03:45 AM
Sent. Its nothing more than cosmetic but shows that there is some paint code not getting all the info.
feline Posted - Jan 29 2020 : 07:20:29 AM
OK, that is subtle. However, so far, I cannot reproduce this here, or at least I cannot spot it, even when zooming in on a screen shot. I am using the same version of VS2019 and VA, and have set the IDE to the Dark theme.

Can you please export your VA and IDE settings and send them to me:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

I can then import them here and see if I can reproduce the problem. Please send me the files via email:

[email protected]

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000