Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 No hovering tooltips?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KeyC0de Posted - Feb 13 2020 : 6:19:35 PM
Hello.
I have bought VA. I am not sure if I have configured VA correctly as I don't see any hovering tooltips?

I have disabled Intellisense and I'm only using VA. That is the recommended thing to do right?

However Intellisense used to show tooltips when you hover over a symbol, VA doesn't show tooltips at all (eg the type of the variable, or the parameters of the function; and no other comments either).

I'm working on C++. Can someone help?
Thank you.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 27 2020 : 06:17:44 AM
Thank you for the update. VA should be handling standard C++ libraries fairly well, do you have a couple of examples of where this is failing that I can look at, to try and understand what the problem is?
KeyC0de Posted - Feb 27 2020 : 03:42:51 AM
I am now able to see tooltips. Thank you.

Yes that is the exact reason why I disabled IntelliSense. Because I was working with UE4. Builds without Intellisense were at least 5 times faster without Intellisense. However from what I see, in other projects I should enable Intellisense. I get more useful info. VA on its own does not recognize some (possibly a lot of) C++ standard library functions, saying "Unrecognized Symbol. ALT + G to jump to a guess". However it is essential for UE4 if nothing else.
ChrisG Posted - Feb 13 2020 : 7:38:39 PM
Please navigate to the Visual Assist Options dialog, go to the Display tab, and enable "Show Quick Info tooltips for more symbols".

Are you able to see tooltips now?

It is recommended to disable IntelliSense in some cases, such as when working with the Unreal Engine. Since you have it off you can just leave it off though, if nothing else you gain some performance.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000