Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Shift+Alt+R should also rename module.def file

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
foxmuldr Posted - Mar 23 2020 : 5:57:55 PM
If you have an exports file (module.def) and you rename a symbol used within, it should rename the entry in the module.def as well.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
foxmuldr Posted - May 01 2020 : 4:03:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by feline
Partly though this is a matter of finite resources, and focusing them where we hope they will do the most good.

I have offered multiple times to help you improve Visual Assist X, even under NDA or whatever. I've proposed an external API interface that would allow you to expose some functionality so we could write an interfacing DLL without having access to your source code, thereby allowing us to code things which do things we want without hitting you up with endless requests.

I'm still willing.
feline Posted - Apr 28 2020 : 09:33:37 AM
This is a reasonable idea, and I have added this to the case.

Partly though this is a matter of finite resources, and focusing them where we hope they will do the most good.

As for cats, cats are clearly good and important
foxmuldr Posted - Apr 27 2020 : 10:40:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

You can have numbers after the function names, or keywords. But yes, in general, for this file type it is just a search and replace. But we need to be careful extending to other file types, since the extension does not always guarantee the nature of the file.

At the very least, it could come up in the list unchecked and we could check them if desired.

Thank you, feline. My wife's a cat lady and we have a small feral colony (8 cats). Mostly Star Trek names: Spot, Tucker, Tasha, Phloxie (originally Phlox, but found out later she was female), Tordie La Forge, and then Blackie, Stripes, Moca. We have two other foreign cats that often come around: Major Tom and Newbie. :-)
feline Posted - Mar 27 2020 : 3:33:40 PM
You can have numbers after the function names, or keywords. But yes, in general, for this file type it is just a search and replace. But we need to be careful extending to other file types, since the extension does not always guarantee the nature of the file.
foxmuldr Posted - Mar 27 2020 : 3:19:00 PM
The format is:

EXPORTS

function1_name
function2_name

-----

If you rename "function1_name" to "newfunction_name" it should do a simple replace on that line.
feline Posted - Mar 24 2020 : 10:54:04 AM
Unfortunately we still don't search these files. I have tried some tests here to see if it is easy to trick VA into searching these files, but they have their own specific syntax, so a sensible check will require some understanding of the file format.

I have noted on the case that you are still interested in this:

case=52615
foxmuldr Posted - Mar 23 2020 : 7:20:34 PM
Relates to:
http://forums.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11736

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000