Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Seriously worried about VA's state of mind

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Apr 23 2020 : 11:51:29 AM
WTF??? The caret is positioned in the line that reads "#region Public Properties". The VA Nav bar shows a MySql namespace. In the whole solution is no reference to any MySql assembly.
Where does VA pull this out? This happens on ALL regions with the name "Properties" in it.

When I put the caret before the "Properties" the nav bar remains empty.

Here the references from this project:

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 29 2020 : 12:58:54 PM
Could be the same problem then. Hopefully a fix for this will fix several of the problems you have been encountering.
Uniwares Posted - Apr 29 2020 : 12:16:30 PM
Actually, it might be. I have occasionally an old VB project open in another instance which does indeed reference both the MySql and the ReportViewer assemblies.
feline Posted - Apr 29 2020 : 12:01:35 PM
I have a working theory for the ImageSharp class problem, and suspect it applies here as well. Do you open a second solution that has a reference to Microsoft.ReportingServices in the:

Solution Explorer -> [Solution Name] -> Dependencies -> Packages

tree? I have tracked the problem with ImageSharp down to this, and it looks like it is corrupting our database, which would explain several of the problems you are seeing. If so, this is coming from

case=142203
Uniwares Posted - Apr 28 2020 : 1:11:14 PM
Just got another one of the same problem:

Also, no use ever of the refered assembly.
Uniwares Posted - Apr 27 2020 : 05:55:19 AM
Neither do I. Keeping an close eye.
feline Posted - Apr 27 2020 : 05:43:10 AM
So much for that theory. Something must be driving these problems, we just need to try and find a clue as to what. I am not giving up on this!
Uniwares Posted - Apr 25 2020 : 08:04:19 AM
Mostly i have 2 instances of VS open, one with this solution the other with an VB solution. Redesigning the VB. So it's only for reference.
The source control is 95% my machine only. Change happens exclusively on mine.
feline Posted - Apr 25 2020 : 07:52:28 AM
A second data point suggesting something is causing problems for VA's symbol database with this solution.

Do you normally work with a single instance of the IDE open, or more than one instance open?

Is this solution being worked on across several machines, or just one? I am wondering if source control will retrieve a block of updates from a second machine, or if VA should see all changes as you are editing locally.

Do you still have:

VA Options -> Performance -> Parse all files when opening a project

enabled?
Uniwares Posted - Apr 24 2020 : 11:47:59 AM
Blank as it should be now.
feline Posted - Apr 24 2020 : 11:46:26 AM
I have the new version of the Q7 solution, thank you for this.

Since the symbol database rebuild are you able to reproduce this problem in this solution? Or are you just getting a blank navigation bar for the region lines?
Uniwares Posted - Apr 24 2020 : 09:54:20 AM
I have now done a "Rebuild symbol databases", restarted VS, no more MySql Properties now. Still, leaves the fact of erronously identifying a region comment as a symbol.
And, what might be of interest: as already mentioned, other projects didnt show this, even though loaded in the same VS session. Seems that its solution specific.
feline Posted - Apr 24 2020 : 09:39:07 AM
I will keep an eye out for the new project, thank you for this. I can only assume something about the symbol "Properties" is triggering something in our symbol database, but VA should realise this is a #region line, so a comment.
Uniwares Posted - Apr 24 2020 : 05:18:07 AM
I do not see that happening in other projects though. I gonna send you the current project, lets see if you can repro the case.
Uniwares Posted - Apr 24 2020 : 05:15:54 AM
I see that in every file in the Q7 solution, which has considerably grown in the meantime, so that may be a factor.

As you can see, it happens in the very same file too, which hasnt changed much to the version you have.
Region collapsed or not, makes no difference. Somehow VA pics up the "Properties" which really IS an symbol in the MySql assembly, just that a) the assembly is not used and b) well, its a region

feline Posted - Apr 23 2020 : 1:56:51 PM
Would you believe I cannot reproduce this here? Just for a change

I have a Windows 10 VM, using VS2019 and VA 2366.0, where I have imported your IDE and VA settings, and opened the Q7 solution you sent us to test a colouring problem. I am sitting in the file "AccessPermissions.cs" which has suitable regions, similar to your 3rd screen shot.

With the caret at the end of each of the 7 collapsed region lines, my VA context and navigation field is always blank. Do you have the same solution on hand, to easily test the same file?

The only obvious difference I am seeing here is that you can move your caret past the end of the line. In the settings I imported Virtual Space is turned Off. Is this turned On for you? I don't see why this should matter, but it is a possible difference.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000