Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Event Handlers coloring error

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Apr 24 2020 : 05:33:14 AM
From what I understand, this list is from VS and not VA, right?

Still, it shows the same coloring problem as in the image in https://forums.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16890 might be related since the event handlers are the same (wrong) color both in VS and VA.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 01 2020 : 09:49:10 AM
Back to this, I can reproduce this effect in your Q7 solution, and from this I have extracted a simple test case to trigger the black entries in a listbox when VA listbox colouring is enabled:

case=141209
Uniwares Posted - Apr 24 2020 : 12:46:17 PM

(coloring is back on now)
feline Posted - Apr 24 2020 : 12:42:07 PM
This makes some sense then. Bold will be due to:

VA Options -> Enhanced Listboxes -> Bold non-inherited members

and the black colour looks related to case=141209, but so far I have not been able to reproduce this in a member listbox here.

Are these black entries marked with the "delegate" keyword, the "event" keyword, or something else? I am assuming they have something in common.
Uniwares Posted - Apr 24 2020 : 12:09:44 PM
Yes, the problem disappears. All in nice white bold letters. Although the tooltip continues with the same names in black (unless coloring tooltips turned off in the options).
feline Posted - Apr 24 2020 : 11:20:33 AM
Event handlers are linked to Delegates? If so, then I recognise the problem with the colouring of the delegate items in the listbox, but so far I cannot reproduce this colouring bug on a member listbox when the delegate functions are being listed.

If you disable:

VA Options -> Coloring and Attributes -> Apply coloring to -> Listboxes

does the colouring problem in the listbox disappear? I suspect it does. But that doesn't explain why so far I am not reproducing it here.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000