Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Allow displaying forbidden suggestions

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kastenfrosch Posted - May 05 2020 : 10:13:18 AM
When typing

const std::vector<int> a;
a.p

I dont't get a suggestion for push_back, because a is const.

If I remember correctly, older VA-Versions did display these "forbidden" suggestions - but I don't find any settings to bring them back.

Its unquestionably super useful to be reminded, that they are forbidden (grayed out / red warning / ... ), but it would also be useful to see the whole interface (at least if desired via settings)
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kastenfrosch Posted - May 05 2020 : 1:01:06 PM
You're totally right.

"Default Intellisense" was activated and after switching to "Visual Assist", everything worked perfectly again.

(Alternatively it could be deactivated within the Intellisense Options)

Thanks a lot.
feline Posted - May 05 2020 : 12:19:44 PM
How do you have:

VA Options -> Enhanced Listboxes -> Source of C/C++ content: Visual Assist OR Default Intellisense

set? Currently VA does not work out which functions are currently available, so I suspect that the IDE intellisense is active here, and is filtering out these functions. If so, they should be shown when you set the source of intellisense to Visual Assist.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000