Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA2382 installer hangs

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Jul 03 2020 : 05:03:41 AM
Cant install it, installer starts, waits, comes with "Installing to Visual Studio 2019 Community (retrying)" and thats it. Cant even cancel the install, have to kill it from the task manager.

I can see it launching the VSIX installer though.

Any logs somewhere to check?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Uniwares Posted - Jul 03 2020 : 1:46:32 PM
Obviously a problem of the vsix installer, but why? No idea. Nothing helpful in the logs either.
feline Posted - Jul 03 2020 : 1:32:11 PM
Not entirely helpful, but thank you for the update, and I am glad this finally worked correctly for you.
Uniwares Posted - Jul 03 2020 : 06:03:21 AM
So, the Microsoft.ServiceHub.Controller.exe was launched by the VSIXinstaller. Had to restart the computer to make the install happen. Working now it seems.
Uniwares Posted - Jul 03 2020 : 05:42:56 AM
03/07/2020 09:45:56 - VSIXInstaller.BlockingProcessesException: The following processes need to be shut down before executing extension changes:
- Microsoft.ServiceHub.Controller.exe (ID 20360)
   at VSIXInstaller.SilentBlocker.BlockingProcessBlocker(StateData stateData, IReadOnlyList`1 targetSkus)
   at VSIXInstaller.SilentBlocker.EvaluateBlockers(StateData stateData, IReadOnlyList`1 targetSkus, ExtensionData data)
   at VSIXInstaller.SilentEngine.Execute(ExtensionData data)
   at VSIXInstaller.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Telemetry.WindowsErrorReporting.WatsonReport.GetClrWatsonExceptionInfo(Exception exceptionObject)

There are like 50 files vsix-va-uninst-202007030xxxx.log in the %TEMP%
feline Posted - Jul 03 2020 : 05:30:43 AM
There should be logs, especially since the VSIX installer is launched. If you look in your %TEMP% directory, they will be the "vsix*.log" files. Hopefully these will offer some useful clues.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000