Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Disable syntax colours & highlighting by language

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jameswatton Posted - Jan 18 2021 : 06:44:20 AM
Hi,

I use VAX for C++ with syntax highlighting and colouring enabled. I also use VAX for C# for some of the features (VA Outline, etc) but I do NOT want the syntax colouring enabled.

Is it possible to selectively enable/disable the highlighting and colouring based on the language? If not, this should be a feature request.

Thanks!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jan 18 2021 : 08:41:54 AM
If it helps, you can map a keyboard shortcut to the command:

VAssistX.ToggleColoring

in the IDE's Options dialog -> Environment -> Keyboard

allowing you to quickly and easily toggle this setting without going into the VA options dialog.
jameswatton Posted - Jan 18 2021 : 07:35:11 AM
Thanks for the quick reply! For now I can live with going into the VA settings and toggling the enable colouring option - I don't switch between C++ and C# often on a daily basis for this to be a concern but would be a nice addition in the future, so I appreciate it being added to the list, even if just for consideration!

Thanks again,
feline Posted - Jan 18 2021 : 07:20:24 AM
Unfortunately no. You could tell VA to ignore C# code files, but then obviously you would not get the other VA features in your C# files.

Have you considered a more subtle set of colours for VA, so the VA syntax highlighting is less obvious in C#, while still useful in C++?

We are considering making VA settings language specific, so I have added syntax colouring to this feature request, but it isn't something we are likely to get to any time soon.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000