Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Reference highlighting stopped working recently

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
shippy Posted - May 16 2022 : 5:30:44 PM
Noticed today that my reference highlighting isn't working anymore with VS 2022. Instead, I get little boxes around references. I tried disabling the VA reference option and re-enabling but nothing fixed it. Not sure what to try next.

VA_X64.dll file version 10.9.2451.0 built 2022.04.30
DevEnv.exe version 17.2.32505.173 Enterprise
msenv.dll version 17.0.32505.173
Comctl32.dll version 6.10.22619.1000
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 18 2022 : 06:19:41 AM
Thank you for the update, that makes sense and explains both the problem you were seeing and the cause. I am not sure why the IDE option got turned back on, but if you have logged into Visual Studio on more than one system it tends to sync your settings between the machines, which sometimes causes settings you don't currently want set to get set, especially if you have been trying different things out on one system but not the other.

I am glad you have this fixed, and hopefully everything is now working correctly and as expected.
shippy Posted - May 17 2022 : 3:21:35 PM
I apologize for not being clear. It's the highlight of write/read references in the text editor I was referring to. Instead of getting my Tomato/LightCyan options, I was getting a small white box around the references instead. It turns out somehow the VS option got turned back on. So, originally I had messed around with the write/read highlight option itself in VA settings to try and fix it, but I needed to disable and re-enable the symbol under cursor option which then gave me the prompt to disable the VS option. It is now working as it should. :)
feline Posted - May 17 2022 : 06:23:14 AM
Are you talking about highlighting of Find References Results in the editor window, or something else?

If it is Find References Results, are you seeing the highlighting correctly inside the Find References Results window its self?

Can you please look in the IDE options dialog, and check the settings for:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> Display items = VA Find Reference
IDE tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> Display items = VA Find Reference (Modified)

and make sure that the highlighting settings look sensible, based on what you want to happen?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000