Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 ALT+G not working for async method

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
innocyju Posted - Sep 21 2020 : 10:30:41 PM
In VS2019, C#, ALT+G over a method which is declared async does not jump to the implementation. If the method is NOT declared async, the goto is executed as expected.

I updated this morning VA to build 2382. I don't know which version it was before that. I also rebuilt the VA db to no avail.

I have been working with C# for 15 days only. I was using VA C++ for many years before that without any problems similar to this one.

Any idea?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 22 2020 : 07:46:04 AM
Unfortunately this is currently a known bug:

case=85290

and I don't currently have an estimate for when this will be fixed. But if it helps, if you select the function name, and then open VA's Find Symbol dialog, Alt-Shift-S, this dialog picks up the selected text and uses it as the default filter, and the async function should now be listed. Any matching symbols will actually be listed, but hopefully it will be obvious which one is the method implementation you want to jump to.

You can also use F12 for the IDE's goto implementation feature.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000