Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 snake and UPPER_SNAKE modifiers

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
grandchain Posted - Dec 27 2020 : 09:41:36 AM
Hi,

We find your snippet translation really useful in our file templates, since we have a coding style which bases the file names on the class names, and the header guard on the file name.

However, there are a couple of additions we would find really useful.

Our class format is Pascal, e.g. MyClass, so the header would be in MyClass.h and the code in MyClass.cpp.

The header has a header guard all uppercase with underscores between words - so MyClass.h will have a header guard:

quote:
#ifndef MY_CLASS_H
#define MY_CLASS_H

...code definitions go here...

#endif // MY_CLASS_H

It would be really nice if we could autogenerate this in our header file template snippet, but at the moment all we have is $FILE_BASE_UPPER$ and we have to go back and add the additional underscores ourselves.

Please could we have an additional modifier which converts to uppercase with words split with underscores?

If adding this, it might also make sense to add a lowercase_snake_case modifier as well.

Thanks in advance,

Ian
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 28 2020 : 08:51:33 AM
That makes sense, I have put in a feature request to see what our developers make of this:

case=144255

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000