Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2022 :  07:55:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hopefully this gets resolved fairly quickly. Licensing isn't always a simple problem to solve, especially when you can install the software on more than one system.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

e1e0n

4 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2023 :  10:15:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why a legal user can't use this product after a few activations?
I was basically told I had to buy a new license because I exceeded number of registrations and
I was never made aware of that limit or number of registrations allowed.
If you have limit you should provide a way to transfer the license from one installation to another.
Due the nature of my usage I had to reinstall my system several times and each time I had to activate VA.
I own a several different products and never had any problem with activation.

Very disappointed!

Edited by - e1e0n on Jan 30 2023 10:20:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2023 :  07:11:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you please try emailing our license department at [email protected], hopefully they can help you with this.

In general, various products I have used do require activation, and different products have different activation policies. It's not ideal, especially if you change your system a lot, but its not that rare either, for what that's worth.

Go to Top of Page

e1e0n

4 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2023 :  6:51:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes this was the first thing I did. No help from them.

I trusted the statement that I can use VA for as long as it suites me (the latest version included in my subscription), that's not true

quote:
Originally posted by feline

Can you please try emailing our license department at [email protected], hopefully they can help you with this.

In general, various products I have used do require activation, and different products have different activation policies. It's not ideal, especially if you change your system a lot, but its not that rare either, for what that's worth.

Edited by - e1e0n on Feb 01 2023 6:53:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2023 :  07:12:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I assume your current license has expired? Have you moved systems a lot? This isn't something most people run into, so I am wondering if you have any sense of how many times you have changed systems.

Go to Top of Page

e1e0n

4 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2023 :  09:17:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it basically just expired. I have two laptops and desktop. I upgraded one laptop and desktop. So I think I registered VA 5-6 times? If I knew it has limit (or such a low limit) I would be more careful. But it does not indicate how many times I installed it. I would have renewed but I was thinking I am ok for one more year using last VA. Now I am not sure if I will go back.
I also installed several dev env in VMs for testing and debugging (I would not registered VA there if I knew about the limit, this is what I think is not fair).

quote:
Originally posted by feline

I assume your current license has expired? Have you moved systems a lot? This isn't something most people run into, so I am wondering if you have any sense of how many times you have changed systems.

Edited by - e1e0n on Feb 02 2023 09:29:16 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000