This is hands down the worst registration ever
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jbriggsgl

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2019 :  12:57:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honestly, I would never have paid for this had I known. It's not even worth it if it were free. You guys seriously need to reconsider how you handle this.

I still cannot register months later. Idera just says "unknown error" managed to reset password on the 2nd registration site for "trouble connecting" but then after resetting password it says I'm not even registered.

ChrisG
Whole Tomato Software

USA
299 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2019 :  01:05:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, that's awful. I'm sorry to hear you have had such a poor experience.

Have you contacted [email protected]? They should be able to get the issue fixed up for you.
Go to Top of Page

jbriggsgl

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2019 :  01:09:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found a personal email in another thread of someone saying they would help. Not sure why we have to jump through hoops to use this. Maybe now that I am 3 months into my license I can finally get to use it. We'll see.
Go to Top of Page

Kyle.Wheeler
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2019 :  1:44:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jason,
Again, apologies for the issues with your account. I'm not sure why it was not activated when you purchased, but I'm glad you reached out to me directly and that we were able to resolve. We can happily extend your license period since you were unable to use the account for 3 months.
I know the new registration process is not ideal. Ultimately the goal is to provide a registration portal with the ability to download previous versions and self service your account. While we're not there yet, this first step was necessary. Thanks for having patience with us as we work through the transition and iterate over time.
K
Go to Top of Page

darktears

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2020 :  7:04:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was lucky to get my license renewed right before that new license model was rolled out last year so I got to "experience" it today and I second that it's a really a terrible way to register, way too complicated. I don't need to know about that Idera portal or if so it should be seamless (at least for personal use), here is the flow :
- Go to wholetomato.com
- Want to purchase -> click buy
- Fill info and create account (which should probably create the account in idera directly). If you have an account log in with it.
- Put the CC info and click buy.
- All the stuff/key/license crap is populated in idera after purchase (the delay that you have to produce the key sounds very likely that some human needs to make one system talk to another).
- Install VAssist on visual, login with Idera account and my stuff gets activated.

Piece of feedback btw, the internet activation doesn't work behind corporate proxy. I suspect a good chunk of your users are enterprise users, you definitively need to fix that. The offline/key base stuff is again more complexity thrown at my face.

I have been a loyal customer for the past 4 years at the very least (personal) and now I'm seriously considering not renewing it because all these complicated steps and non customer focused steps. Btw now I can't even use VAssist on my 2 dev machines because I don't know how to activate the second one (I get an error when using the same license file). Maybe it's a limitation of the personal license (before it wasn't or maybe I was misusing it). We're in 2020 it's common people have multiple devices to work and test on (even in what WholeTomato define as "Personal"). I'm not paying $279 just to be able to use it on my second dev computer. If the license doesn't permit it anymore just make something in between (like 2*99 USD). 99 USD is already quite a good chunk of money for a Visual Studio extension.

I understand you want to protect your software but there is nothing more irritating that legitimate customers that are trying to use your product and lose time to "activate" something they legitimately bought.
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2020 :  2:09:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry for the trouble. I have forwarded your feedback to our GM.

You can register a personal license of VA on multiple systems, but if you are using a registration file, you must generate a unique file for each system -- the registration file can't be shared as the registration code used to create the file (combined with your serial number) is unique to each system.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000