Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 $DATE$ ignores locale settings?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Apr 26 2011 : 11:00:31 PM
Is it only me or $DATE$ in VA snippets does not insert the date according to locale settings...

I always get the YYYY/MM/DD format instead of DD/MM/YYYY as i have it set.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - May 12 2011 : 12:34:56 AM
case=57121 is implemented in build 1848
holedigger Posted - Apr 27 2011 : 7:34:00 PM
I have opened case=57121 for this.

(accord: just put a '=' so topic can be found for a possible update when the case will be resolved.)
Uniwares Posted - Apr 27 2011 : 1:06:23 PM
I dont buy your "by design" idea. Of course any date format can be built by concatenating date parts, though my feeling says that a $DATE$ should insert the date in locale format, except if specified differently. And this is how 90% of software handle it.

Feels to me like a flaw by design. Should at least mention the format in the tooltip/helptip/info when its not supposed to be locale aware.
feline Posted - Apr 27 2011 : 12:59:13 PM
I am seeing the same effect here. I believe this is by design, since on a default install of Windows XP, which sets the region to United States the default date ordering is MM/DD/YYYY, so the snippet never respects the locale setting, except by "accident".

As I am sure you are aware this date format means dates can be sorted alphabetically, and they end up in date order, which can be a very useful feature.

This slightly longer VA snippet code produces the date in the correct format: $DAY_02$/$MONTH_02$/$YEAR$

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000