Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Column Indicator

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CyberMew Posted - May 15 2011 : 07:34:15 AM
Is it normal if the indicator is on the center of the character instead of how it should be

Both are at the same column but appears to be different?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jul 20 2011 : 02:11:45 AM
case=57518 is fixed in build 1854
jacky001 Posted - May 30 2011 : 05:13:22 AM
;; Many modern editors and IDEs can graphically indicate the location of the
;; fill column, either by shading the area to the right of the fill column or
;; by drawing a thin line (in design parlance, a `rule') down the length of
;; the editing window. Fill-column-indicator implements both of these
;; facilities in Emacs.

CyberMew Posted - May 18 2011 : 8:10:25 PM
Thanks, I will look into it!
accord Posted - May 18 2011 : 4:44:44 PM
No, we don't offer anything like this.

Personally, I use the word wrap feature of Visual Studio, so the source never wider than the actual window:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Word wrap

This is only useful if used together with this extension: Word Wrap with Auto-Indent
http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/ac95f80f-6cfd-4b67-b0fd-e9c5c8fb27de
CyberMew Posted - May 18 2011 : 09:49:42 AM
I just checked and yea your right!

If there is an option to auto go to next line once the limit is reached, that would be great! Think it's possible?
accord Posted - May 17 2011 : 8:06:27 PM
If you set the column indicator to 1, just for an experiment, you will see that the column indicator will be after the first column. It means that only 1 whole column is included. In other words, your longest line will be 1 character width in the program. Would be odd if the column indicator was placed before the very first column, wouldn't it?

If you set the column indicator to 75, you include 75 characters so your longest line's width should be no more than 75 characters. It makes sense, doesn't it? What do you think?

I have put in a bug report to move the line to be exactly between two columns:

case=57518
CyberMew Posted - May 16 2011 : 06:02:19 AM
I am using the latest beta and VS2010 Ultimate SP1. I am using the Productivity Tools here: http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/d0d33361-18e2-46c0-8ff2-4adea1e34fef/

I have the column guidelines turned on and off with same result. The font I am using is default I believe, Consolas at size 10.

It draws the line (as you see in the picture below) after the column 80 mark. And even if it is supposed to be 81 lets say, it eats into the text which should not be the case.

If you look here:

The line of the left is belongs to VS plugin. That should be the correct one at column 80. It should not indicate at column 80.8 or column 81.
accord Posted - May 16 2011 : 05:22:18 AM
Which Visual Assist and Visual Studio versions are you using? What is the name of this Visual Studio plug-in that you use to display the margin? Also, which font are you using in VS?

I just tried to enable the margin in Visual Assist 1848 using VS2010 SP1, default font, and as I can see Visual Assist draws the margin at the correct position for me. Maybe it should be moved by 1 pixel to the right but basically seems to using the right x coord to draw the line.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000