Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1848 keeps crashing on certain project

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
.oisyn Posted - May 16 2011 : 06:25:50 AM
I updated to 1848 last friday, but today it seemed that for a certain project I'm working in VA X keeps crashing. There is no real set of actions you can take to reproduce it, you just do your work like you do normally and then in about a minute or two it suddenly crashes:

Unhandled exception at 0x1edebf77 in devenv.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x12ca0ffc.
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Visual Assist X\\VA_X.dll:

Debugging Visual Studio reveals that the crash occurs in VA_X.dll. I have a minidump available if you're interested, but it's 320MB. Alternatively, I can produce a stacktrace, but then I'll need symbol information. The trace currently only shows one entry, with the instruction pointer located at 0x1EDEBF77 (with VA_X.dll being loaded at base 0x1ED0000). I'd rather not share our codebase, it's pretty big and proprietary :)

For the mean time, I'm downgrading to 1845.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Jun 09 2011 : 11:39:28 AM
Based upon the address of this crash, we believe it is case=57880. Someone else was able to provide a dump.
case=57880 is fixed in build 1850.
sean Posted - May 18 2011 : 10:35:27 PM
Please also update this thread when you've had a chance to upload the dump.
sean Posted - May 16 2011 : 12:31:36 PM
Sorry to hear of this. Please use the form at http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp to upload the dump. Try zipping it to see if it makes any appreciable difference in size.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000