Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Left Click Stolen with Team Explorer

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dany Posted - May 17 2011 : 03:41:18 AM
I am using MS Team Explorer for Team Foundation Server 2010 (TFS) in VS2010.

When I open the TFS Build Definitions window (docked), I'm unable to use the left mouse button in the main menu (pull down), document tabs (select and close) and tool bars on the top (right click and hovering works though). Even the tool-bar controls on the Build Definition window are not responding on a left click. Tool bars docked to the right (like VAX here) are working OK as well as the tool box(es) on the left hand side or auto hiding panes at the bottom.

To regain the left mouse button I need to right-click on another document tab opening its context menu (left click stays available until I close and reopen the Build Definitions window) or disable VAX by using a button on its tool bar (thus writing here). Re-enabling VAX blocks the left click again when I didn't select another document tab between dis- and enabling VAX.

I disabled the Productivity Power Tools (Documents Tab Well) without any changes to the behavior described here.

Do you have any idea what it could be?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 27 2011 : 9:13:01 PM
I have the files, many thanks for this. So far I cannot reproduce the problem, even with your settings and test project, but I have asked one of our developers to have a look, and see if he can reproduce on his system.
Dany Posted - May 27 2011 : 02:13:39 AM
I sent you a project with case number is 57717.
feline Posted - May 24 2011 : 3:15:26 PM
Using VA 1849, I have downloaded and installed the "Productivity Power Tools" extension for VS2010, and made sure that the Document Well component is enabled. So far I am not seeing any signs of problems with left clicks.

If you have the time, can you see if you can easily reproduce this problem in a new project? If so could you send me the test project, along with details of what you did to trigger the problem?

Also can you please export your VA and IDE settings and send them to me:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

I can then import them here and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.
Dany Posted - May 24 2011 : 04:37:45 AM
Sorry that I didn't try more thoroughly before posting.
Now I started to disable extension by extension in the Extension Manager (where applicable). After I disabled the Productivity Power Tools from MS the problem mentioned went also away.
I believe it has to do with the combination of the Document Well 2010 Plus (VS Options dialog) and VAX.
Nobodo Posted - May 23 2011 : 1:47:06 PM
Interjecting - I use TFS 2010 from VS2010, but have never seen a problem with right or left clicks in build definitions or resource files. It might be an interaction with another installed plugin or extension.
feline Posted - May 23 2011 : 11:43:22 AM
Thank you for the update, we are still trying to work out what is going on here.
Dany Posted - May 23 2011 : 09:56:05 AM
When opening it in designer mode by a double-click. But whether it depends on the Team Explorer or not, I don't know. The only thing I can say is, that disabling VAX (not with Extension Manager but with VAX menu) frees the left mouse button while VAX is deactivated. I think I just saw the same behavior with a Form in designer view.
feline Posted - May 18 2011 : 3:24:25 PM
When you say resource file, do you mean a .resx file? Are you opening this in the IDE editor, as a "plain text" file?
Dany Posted - May 18 2011 : 08:12:00 AM
BTW, opening a resource file shows the same behavior here.
Dany Posted - May 18 2011 : 12:59:05 AM
Hi feline,

I'm using Win 7 32-bit (German) with SP1 (as stated in my signature).
feline Posted - May 17 2011 : 7:50:34 PM
Which OS are you using?
I am downloading MS Team Explorer now, and will try to install it on the same OS, and see what happens.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000