Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Renaming symbol

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
samaursa Posted - May 19 2011 : 4:52:51 PM
I have a function named Body in a class. When I rename the function, Visual Assist shows every sing `Body` in the code including #include "Body.h" which will obviously break the code if renamed. It is, for some reason, not respecting the fact that `Body` is a function inside a class and it should not look to rename it elsewhere.

I am not sure why this is happening, it used to work (the code-base is quite large) and is quite frustrating as this is one of most used Visual Assist features for me. I did rebuild the database. Any other suggestions?

Sorry, I cannot post the code, but I can follow any other tips to give you guys more information.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Jun 12 2011 : 6:43:10 PM
Yes, I check it and you are right, they are always in the list.
However, as I see they're marked with ? icon and are not ticked by default. So shouldn't cause any problem. Are you seeing the same effect there?

samaursa Posted - Jun 12 2011 : 11:55:14 AM
Apologies for the late reply.

I had those unchecked. I am using 10.6.1845.0
accord Posted - May 19 2011 : 6:30:37 PM
Are "Display uses in comments and strings" and "Rename in comments and strings" checked? These should control what to do with comments and strings (e.g. includes)

Which version of Visual Assist are you using?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000