Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Find References no longer has color coding

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nobodo Posted - Jun 14 2011 : 10:23:33 AM
In 1850 it seems that Find References has lost the handy color coding of places a search subject is read from or modified.

Screenshot shows portion of editor window, showing the color coding active there, and below that is a VA Find References result.

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 04 2011 : 11:12:12 AM
Thank you for the update, hopefully this was what happened.
Nobodo Posted - Jul 01 2011 : 12:56:41 PM
In retrospect it was probably me, not the install of a new version. At the same time as that version came out I registered Coderush + Refactor Pro, and had to modify VAX settings for the areas where functionality between Coderush and VAX overlap. I probably created the problem in doing that.

Thanks,
Mark.
feline Posted - Jun 21 2011 : 09:30:40 AM
I am glad this was fixed so easily. Did the colouring seem to stop when you installed VA 1850?

Installing a new build of VA should never change your current VA settings, but if this was what happened then it might happen again with the next update to VA. If so then this needs looking into. It might be triggered by some form of corruption in your settings, or some tool or utility interfering with the VA upgrade.
Nobodo Posted - Jun 20 2011 : 1:40:09 PM
You are correct, sorry I missed something so obvious. But I still don't know how those color options got changed in the first place. Oh, well.

Thanks,
Mark.
feline Posted - Jun 14 2011 : 2:51:48 PM
Do you have the VA option:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Fonts and Colors -> Apply Colouring to -> Views

turned on or off? If it is turned off can you please try turning it on? The highlighting you are looking for should be applied to the Find References Results, and it is being applied there for me in VA 1850.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000