Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Volatile function pointers not recognised

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Roger Sanders Posted - Jun 15 2011 : 9:47:21 PM
Just a simple bug report. Visual Assist X seems to not be able to recognise function pointer variables which are declared using the "volatile" keyword on the pointer itself, not the function signature. The variable is recognised if it is declared without any cv modifiers, or with the const modifier, but Visual Assist X fails to recognise a function pointer which has been declared as either volatile or const volatile. The variable appears with that underlined reg squiggle, and none of the VAX refactoring tools are available on it. Eg:
	void (* test)() = 0; //Recognised
	void (*const testc)() = 0; //Recognised
	void (*volatile testv)() = 0; //Not recognised
	void (*const volatile testcv)() = 0; //Not recognised

A bit obscure I know. Today was the first time I've ever had a legitimate reason to create a volatile function pointer, but there you are. I'm guessing it should be easy to fix.

For the record, I'm using Visual Assist X under Visual Studio 2005. This problem was observed in VAX version 10.6.1845.0.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Jun 16 2011 : 11:00:23 PM
I am seeing the same problem here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=27885

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000