Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Compatible problem with ViEmu

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rma Posted - Jun 19 2011 : 11:08:09 PM
Hi,

I use VAX and ViEmu. They both are awesome extension and improve my work efficiency a lot. They work with each other pretty well, until I update from VAX 1845 to 1849. All the code suggestion, automatic brackets, and even /,* comment out keys stop working. Disabling ViEmu will make everything works again. I use ViEmu 2.5.13 from the end of 2010 so I think the problem is more on VAX's side.
I know it doesn't seems like a big problem because not a lot of people use ViEmu. But I really hope you can fix this problem.

Thanks a lot.
Roy.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 05 2011 : 11:16:24 PM
Are you able to try ViEmu 2.5.4 along side VA 1850? So far I cannot find a link on the ViEmu website to download version 2.5.13, so I am unable to test this version here.

Are you seeing problems in both VS2008 and VS2010? There is a known problem with VS2010 that we are looking into:

case=58034

but this seems to be VS2010 specific. So far I am unable to reproduce any such problem in VS2008.

A temporary work around for VS2010 is to try using VsVim instead:

http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/59ca71b3-a4a3-46ca-8fe1-0e90e3f79329
cawhitworth Posted - Jul 05 2011 : 03:32:44 AM
(quick update to say this is on Win7 using both VS2008 Standard and Premium and VS2010 Premium)
cawhitworth Posted - Jul 05 2011 : 03:31:31 AM
I've been seeing exactly the same thing - complete-as-you-type does not work correctly with ViEmu 2.5.13 on builds of VA-X more recent than 1845.

Basically, you type the first character of a symbol, and you get the suggestion list, but it does not update as you type - you can force an update using Ctrl-Space, however. Additionally, brace formatting and so forth do not work, as highlighted by the original poster.

I've posted on the ViEmu forums and they have seen the same thing - although at present it isn't clear if this is a VA-X issue or a ViEmu one.

In the meantime I've reverted to VA-X build 1845, as I can't live without either VA-X or ViEmu - but if a fix were to be forthcoming from either party, I'd be most grateful :)
feline Posted - Jun 20 2011 : 09:47:33 AM
Which IDE and OS are you using?

I am not seeing any obvious problems testing VS2008 with VA 1850 and ViEmu 2.5.4 working under winXP.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000