Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Typing over selected text bug?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Masaz Posted - Jul 08 2011 : 09:22:50 AM
Say I have:

foo->IsVisible();

If I select from > to ) and then type > to replace that selected text and get autocomplete to display again, the cursor stays between the - and the > instead of moving past the >. So when I type in text to narrow down the autocomplete it fills in the wrong spot and cancel autocomplete. For example, if I make the selection and type ">isE" I get this:

foo-isE>

This also happens if I press "." in the same situation. This has been happening in the last several versions.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Jul 25 2011 : 5:47:20 PM
Yes, similar problem. I have added this test case to the bug report.
Masaz Posted - Jul 22 2011 : 9:30:35 PM
I've found this also happens when typing parenthesis. Say I have "keyword_" and select the '_'. If I type "()" I end up with "keyword)(". Again, this is 2008 only.
accord Posted - Jul 11 2011 : 9:06:35 PM
I am now seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=2163
Masaz Posted - Jul 11 2011 : 5:28:07 PM
I forgot to mention this is with VS2008 and I have no other extensions installed. With 2008 that code gives me the same error: the cursor ends up before the '>', so I get foo-|>.

With 2010 it works as expected. So this seems to be limited to 2008.
accord Posted - Jul 08 2011 : 8:53:58 PM
I wasn't able to reproduce the problem. Is that you exactly select? Can you please try if you can reproduce the problem using the following code? Are you using any other Visual Studio extensions? What did you set as your keyboard scheme?

Text version for copy-paste:
class cClass
{
	int Apple;
	bool IsVisible() {return false;}
};

void f()
{
	return (int) msg.wParam;
	cClass* foo;
	foo->IsVisible();
}