Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Autocomplete bug - space bar with ASP.Net VB

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
quantum Posted - Jul 09 2011 : 6:21:12 PM
Using VS 2010 with an ASP.Net VB project.

1) It seems there is no way to prevent Visual Assist from taking over the suggestion boxes.

2) Far more annoying, is that space bar autocompletes the suggestions. As I'm typing along, unintended autocompletes are happening.

I've disabled everything in VA->Options->Advanced->Listboxes->Selections committed with

I have suggestions at "min" in quick config.

I have "VS -> Edit -> Intellisense -> Toggle completion mode" turned off. This works as expected in VS, as long as Visual Assist is disabled.

Completely disabling Visual Assist solves the problem, which is what I must do.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Jul 12 2011 : 9:49:51 PM
Ok, I have been playing more with this: I created a ASP.NET MVC 2 Web Application and was able to found some .vb files, where could reproduce your problem.

I have put in a bug report for this:

case=58703

Sorry for the inconvenience.
accord Posted - Jul 12 2011 : 9:03:24 PM
I created a VB ASP.NET Web Application and did what you can see on the 2 screenshots but so far I wasn't able to reproduce the problem:

Can you please give me an example source code that I can use to reproduce the problem? Am I using the correct type of code?

What you get is clearly a problem and Visual Assist should behave consistently with default intellisense.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000