Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Easy way to set preprocessor definitions?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kernelpanic99 Posted - Sep 08 2011 : 05:25:30 AM
Hi,
I'm new to Visual Assist and I'm trying to find a way to set the values of preprocessor definitions easily.

The project I'm working on has a custom build process, so a lot of the preprocessor definitions that we use (to support multiple platforms, toggle features on and off, etc) are set on the compiler command line by our build tool instead of in #defines. Obviously Visual Assist won't be able to determine the values of these definitions, which is fine, but I was wondering if there's a dialog somewhere where I can just type in known values for them.

I know about Visual Assist's Stdafx.h, but I think you have to rebuild the caches whenever that's changed, so I thought I'd ask if there was a better way just to toggle some definitions between 0 and 1.

Thanks,
Henry
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kernelpanic99 Posted - Sep 08 2011 : 08:54:50 AM
OK, no problem. Thanks anyway :)
accord Posted - Sep 08 2011 : 08:49:07 AM
No, unfortunately, I don't know about anything like this. But you can automate the rebuild process by deleting the database. (by deleting the directories from [VA_DIR]\\Data) You will need to restart VS, though. More about the location of the database:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W332

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000