Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 small glitch

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pk_asw Posted - Nov 01 2011 : 10:45:55 AM
Step 1: typing "g_p...":

Step 2: big "g_PFlist" description is shown and function information box is scrolled down slowly:
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 07 2011 : 10:11:32 AM
In your screen shot and your movie, the parameter information tooltip, showing the prototype, is shown several times, one above the other. When VA moved the tooltip down the screen, so that it would no longer be hidden by the listbox tooltip the tooltip in the old, partly hidden position was not removed.

Are you seeing this problem with your sample file? So far I cannot reproduce this problem.
pk_asw Posted - Nov 05 2011 : 10:11:14 AM
The first pics are from the original source code (that's why I got 3 function prototypes), then I simplified it only with one function prototype (as you see in sample source code).
feline Posted - Nov 04 2011 : 5:31:43 PM
Apologies, I was not clear. When you trigger this problem, by showing this tooltip and then typing "g_", do you end up with one parameter info tooltip, or several? Your original screen shot shows several parameter info tooltips, but so far I cannot reproduce this problem.
pk_asw Posted - Nov 04 2011 : 12:15:03 PM
by "do you see more than one copy of the parameter info tooltip" you mean in function's tooltip? If I open the sample file and I force to display function's parameters I get this:

my info:

VA_X.dll file version 10.6.1859.0 built 2011.10.02
Licensed to:
VA X: [email protected] (5-user license) Support ends 2011.11.12
VA.NET 7.1: pk
DevEnv.exe version 9.0.30729.1 Professional
msenv.dll version 9.0.30729.1
Font: Courier New 13(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 6.10.7600.16661
Windows 7 6.1 Build 7600
2 processors (x86)

Platform: Custom
Stable Includes:
C:\\Program Files\\ddkwdk\\inc\\api;
c:\\Program Files\\ddkwdk\\inc\\ddk;
C:\\Program Files\\vs.net2k8\\VC\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\vs.net2k8\\VC\\atlmfc\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\include;

Other Includes:

Stable Source Directories:
C:\\Program Files\\vs.net2k8\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\mfc;
C:\\Program Files\\vs.net2k8\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\mfcm;
C:\\Program Files\\vs.net2k8\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\atl;
C:\\Program Files\\vs.net2k8\\VC\\crt\\src;

feline Posted - Nov 03 2011 : 3:44:52 PM
The sample code shows the jumping tooltip very clearly, thank you for this. When you use the sample file, do you see more than one copy of the parameter info tooltip? I am still only getting one parameter info tooltip, but it is hidden behind the listbox tooltip.

This is what I am seeing:

I have put in a bug report for this problem, the parameter information tooltip being partly hidden:

case=62434

If you are seeing the multiple parameter information tooltips with the sample file, can you please go to:

VA Options -> System Info -> Copy Info

and paste the details (from the clipboard) into your reply. This will give us the basic information about your setup.
pk_asw Posted - Nov 01 2011 : 5:37:36 PM
I made a simple .cpp for you:
1) Download & open in VS 2008: http://public.avast.com/~kurtin/vatest.cpp
2) Go at the end of "SnxAX_Lookup( " line and press Ctrl+Shift+Space to show a function info (see Step1 in the first post)
3) Type "g_" and wait one sec
feline Posted - Nov 01 2011 : 4:01:36 PM
What are you doing to trigger this effect? Are you using the mouse, the keyboard, or something else? The movie shows the effect, but I don't know what you are doing.

Do you have any tools or utilities running that might be effecting how tooltips are displayed?
pk_asw Posted - Nov 01 2011 : 3:00:49 PM
I'm sorry for incomplete information:
- vs 2008, VA 10.6.1859
- here is short 4sec video: http://goo.gl/2AvsJ
feline Posted - Nov 01 2011 : 2:12:31 PM
Which IDE and version of VA are you using?

How and what are you scrolling? Are you using the up and down arrow keys? A mouse wheel? Something else? Why does the listbox have 1 item in the first screen shot, and 2 items in the second screen shot?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000