Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Improvement suggestion for VAOutline

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 03 2011 : 03:59:43 AM

1-?-?see img above,I suggest to add a new menu item for setting BreakPoint for MultiSelected functions in the meantime.It's very useful when debugging and tracking a command route,in this case,need to add Breakmarks for Multiple functions.
2-?-?Since VAOutline is a miniature of the source file,then it should provide the function to master the file better. I Wish I can distinguish the member functions static or not in the VAOutline other than to Goto the declare of the class everytime for each.Although in fact,the implementation line of func really don't contain the "staitc" label.
it's very useful,Hope to be accepted! best wishes!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 06 2011 : 8:18:48 PM
OK-?-?I will pay attention to this.Thank you !
feline Posted - Nov 04 2011 : 3:38:56 PM
Have you considered writing an IDE macro to set a breakpoint on every function in the current file? Some of the macro's already posted here might give you some ideas:

http://www.wholetomato.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=35

of you may be able to find an existing macro that does this by doing a web search.
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 04 2011 : 01:45:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

How often do you want or need to add break points to multiple functions? If we were to do this via VA Outline how long before you want to see which functions have a break point set on them, and want to interact with the break point properties?

For me,when I consult the others 's code or debug a cmd,It's very inefficient for us to read all related classes's methods all,It doesn't make sense! So almost everytime we press F5 to start the vc to debug,and set breakPoint for all the methods of class,and enter cmd to run,then along with the route,and stop at breakpoint in methods,we will rapidly understand the main flow path.It's effective for us to fix debug and understand previous code.
it's unnecessary to warry about the redundant breakpoints and where them reside,I can cancel them just with"shift+F9".And why bothering about interacting with the break point properties?
The only thing I concern is where the breakpoint will be toggled,indicating which method of the class will be called,don't omit someone.
feline Posted - Nov 03 2011 : 10:43:52 PM
We are considering changing VA Outline so it will show static functions more clearly:

case=7996

For now, if you place keyboard focus into VA Outline you can hover the mouse over a function, and the tooltip will tell you if the function is static.

How often do you want or need to add break points to multiple functions? If we were to do this via VA Outline how long before you want to see which functions have a break point set on them, and want to interact with the break point properties? VA Outline is designed to provide an over view, but it cannot offer all of the tools of the editor.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000