Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA cause IDE to crash while debugging

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 09 2011 : 04:48:38 AM
VA version is 10.6.1856,WinXp sp3,VC6
VA sometimes cause IDE to crash while debugging .On my pc and my co-work's pc ,this phenomenon frequencely occurs.Especially while debugging and I change some code and press Alt+F10 to Apply changesIt appears more frequencely but not always,about applying changes 2-3 times it occurs.
And found that lastest version 1859 is the same.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 11 2011 : 04:13:41 AM
I have found the source of the problem,It's by VC6 IDE self.I have installed sp6 from microsoft,hope can fix it.Thank you!
accord Posted - Nov 10 2011 : 3:38:05 PM
You can use the following form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

Please paste the URL of this topic to the description field so we can match it up.
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 09 2011 : 9:21:35 PM
My version is 1856,and my co-work's 1859.but we have the same problem.And when He use 1732 version before the crash never occured.
I have installed DebugTools for win32 from microsoft website.And I will Send the dump info as soon as possible.

How Can I send dmp file to you?
feline Posted - Nov 09 2011 : 11:22:05 AM
VA should not be having any effect during debug mode, other than normal syntax highlighting and parsing for any code edits you make.

Can you please make sure you are running VA 1859, and grab a mini dump next time this happens. This FAQ entry explains grabbing a mini dump of a crash, and sending them to us:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W303

Hopefully the dump will offer some clues as to the problem.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000