Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 function in Find references is incomplete

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 13 2011 : 10:39:57 PM

called code:

AcGePoint3d center;
	m_pDlg->GenerateAllLineOfEscalator(array,                
          AcGePoint3d(0,0,0),
          center,
          TRUE);

the called code parameters are writed not in one line.

And I ask another question: the rectangle gray or yellow icon align the left represent what? the different color mean what?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 17 2011 : 7:26:13 PM
This makes sense, I have put in a feature request to see what our developers make of this. We have to be a little careful here though, since Rename also uses the Find References Results list.
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 15 2011 : 8:23:59 PM
for Code in editor:

AcGePoint3d(0,0,0),
          center,
          TRUE);

what I mean is The VA should ignore the carriage return,to display the function parameters completely in one line.Dont just only display

This case make us have to hover to wait a while to browse the complete function or Double-click to the source code.A little harsh,ha?
feline Posted - Nov 15 2011 : 11:24:30 AM
Passing a variable by reference or pointer is a known edge case. Without parsing all of the function that is called, and possibly a lot more code as well, VA cannot be sure if the variable is being modified or not. The function may modify the variable inside an if statement, so this is "maybe modified", not "definitely modified".

We are considering adding a 3rd marker, to indicate "maybe modified", for these cases:

case=9955
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 14 2011 : 9:18:05 PM
quote:
The rectangles, orange means the symbol is being modified, and grey means the symbol is not being modified.

this ferture is very useful especially When I want to find code lines in which a variable is changed or initialized.
But I have a test:
void doTest(int & val){
	val=2;
}
void doTest1(int * val){
	*val=2;
}
Called code in editor:
          doTest(s_nRow);
          doTest1(&s_nRow);

When I find references "s_nRow" ,The result line's rectangles all is gray,mean not being modified.But in fact .they do.
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 14 2011 : 9:11:09 PM
quote:
Are you aware that when you hover the mouse over a line in Find References Results a tooltip appears, showing you the surrounding lines of code, to put the result into context? This can be turned on and off via the context menu in Find References Results.

Yes,of course.See image below.I also have turn on Line Nums on.

what I me is The VA can ignore the carriage return,to display the call code complete.Dont just only display
	m_pDlg->GenerateAllLineOfEscalator(array/*out*/	//CORE!
for Code in editor:

AcGePoint3d(0,0,0),
          center,
          TRUE);
feline Posted - Nov 14 2011 : 2:00:42 PM
I see what you mean, this can be a little confusing. At the same time, VA is accurately reporting the code in the editor, which helps when you jump to it, especially if you have line numbers turned on.

Are you aware that when you hover the mouse over a line in Find References Results a tooltip appears, showing you the surrounding lines of code, to put the result into context? This can be turned on and off via the context menu in Find References Results.

The rectangles, orange means the symbol is being modified, and grey means the symbol is not being modified.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000