Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Tooltip lose the member const qualification

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 15 2011 : 9:03:53 PM
class A{
public:
	A():m_ia(1){	
	}
	void func2(){

}
};

To change func2() to add const qualification by Change Signature,the Tooltip don't update.Restart IDE or reparse current file don't work.
version :1859,WinXp sp3 ,VC6 sp6
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 18 2011 : 1:20:28 PM
Ah, I see what I was doing wrong. I am seeing the problem now. This has nothing to do with Change Signature, VA simply does not show the const after the function in the tooltip:

case=2895

The const after the function is shown in the Definition field though, along with VA Outline and VA View, which helps.
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 17 2011 : 8:25:02 PM
class testAddConstViaChangeSig{
private:
	int m_ia;
public:
	testAddConstViaChangeSig():m_ia(1){	
	}
	void func2()const{

}
};

Change void func2(){...} into void func2()const{...} .I can reproduce this problem.
And I always have VA Options -> Advanced -> Display -> use tomato icons option on.Try this.
feline Posted - Nov 17 2011 : 12:14:21 PM
I cannot reproduce this tooltip problem. I have changed the code slightly, to make sure the class name is going to be unique, and that the code compiles, so I am testing with:

class testAddConstViaChangeSig{
private:
	int m_ia;
public:
	testAddConstViaChangeSig():m_ia(1){	
	}
	void func2(){

}
};

before Change Signature I had this tooltip:

and after Change Signature I had this tooltip:

Can you turn on:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Display -> use tomato icons in listboxes and tooltips to mark Visual Assist X content

to see if the tooltip is coming from VA or not.

Listboxes in the refactoring dialogs make sense, and this is something we are considering doing:

case=60853
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 15 2011 : 9:21:51 PM
A Suggestion about Change Signature Function.
the Function is very useful but I don't use more.Not that it's not powerful,and I'm not willing to,but only can rememer some symbol's fragment.Usually I can copy only one symbol into clipboard.
Lead to many times,I am not very sure whether I have spelled the parameter symbol correctly.So I give up using it.
But to change the Signature by myself.Because in that case,while I modify the parameters,no matter append or adjust,VA can give me suggestion.Why not,In the Change Signature modal-Dialog supply the VA suggestion?
By a logical extension of this point,So many VA functions,especially need input valid symbol based the source code,VA should Supply Suggestion.In my perspective,This definitely will be a significant improvement.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000