Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Turn Off VA Snippets

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
almo Posted - Nov 17 2011 : 11:00:17 AM
Hi!

I am finding it annoying that when I type

for(i = 0

that it changes it to

for (i = 0

I know I can edit that setting, but there are a load of these for both C++ and C# (if, while, switch, foreach...). I would rather just turn this feature off. Is this possible?

*moved to the General Release section by feline*
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 17 2011 : 5:22:27 PM
Strange, VA settings should not get reset like this. I am glad this is fixed, but troubled by settings being reset.

One thing to watch for, the last IDE instance you close saves out its VA settings on exit, so if you have more than one IDE instance open, this can result in unexpected changes to your VA settings, if you have different settings in different IDE instances.
almo Posted - Nov 17 2011 : 1:03:37 PM
Hmm. I have that off already. Maybe Vis Studio (which also will try to do this) has lost my settings from yesterday.

... goes to check ...

Yes, it looks like Dev Studio was doing this. I told it not to yesterday, but a lot of my settings seem to have been reset. Thanks for the reply.
feline Posted - Nov 17 2011 : 12:45:50 PM
Simply turn off:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Suggestions -> Include VA Snippets in listboxes

This will turn off all VA snippets though. Alternatively you could delete the snippets you don't want, keeping the rest.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000