Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Syntax Coloring in Atmel Studio

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Eugbug Posted - Jun 04 2013 : 7:21:58 PM
I'm using Atmel Studio for Compiling Arduino ketches. Since I rebooted my machine, the syntax highlighting has disappeared on the file in the editor. I deleted my project and created a new Arduino project from my .ino sketch file but this didn't solve the problem.
I don't know whether this is an issue with Atmel Studio or the Visual Assist plugin. The coloring only seems to be partly working. When I click on an item, it is colored and all instances of the item are coloured. However variables, keywords, control structures etc are just black on white.
I tried clicking the "Use Defaults" button under Tools - Options - Environment - Fonts and Colors, but this didn't make any difference.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Jun 05 2013 : 6:37:24 PM
Thank you for the follow-up. I hope it stays fixed. It's possible that the reinstall wiped the color cache. But it doesn't really matter as far as it keeps working
Eugbug Posted - Jun 05 2013 : 10:10:32 AM
I re-installed the Arduino Ide for Atmel Studio and it rectified the problem. I'll try your suggestion if the problem reoccurs. Thanks for the help!
accord Posted - Jun 05 2013 : 09:58:13 AM
Atmel Studio is based on Visual Studio, and deleting the following usually helps with this problem with Visual Studio:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\10.0\\FontAndColors\\Cache\
So you should be able to find something similar for Atmel as well. First, exit Atmel Studio, delete the Cache and then start Atmel Studio again. Proceed only if you are sure you have found the correct registry key to delete. It should look like this:

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000