Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 bug with 'Parameter Info' tooltip

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
supermassive Posted - Aug 13 2013 : 06:22:10 AM
Win 8.1, VS2012 update 3, VAssist 1949.

It seems there is a bug when I press ctrl+shift+space to see parameter info of a function when the first argument is used with *

OK here:

Also OK here:

But something wrong here:

In these 3 cases only the first argument of f call is different. ctrl+shift+space is pressed when cursor is placed on 'y' argument.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Aug 13 2013 : 3:46:55 PM
How did you trigger the tooltip? I tried with typing coma, pressing ctrl+shift+space, with or without the rest of the line typed, etc., but I always get the below result:

Can you please try creating a clean new win32 test project to see if you are able to reproduce this there?

If you are still able to repro (so you get the wrong tooltip): please send in your Visual Studio and Visual Assist settings:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings

IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

So I can import them here and try reproducing the problem using your settings.

You can use the following form to send the files in:
http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

Please paste the URL of this topic to the description field so we can match it up.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000