Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Interfering with highlighted current line, VS2012

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mikhail.matrosov Posted - Nov 01 2013 : 01:19:38 AM
I have VAX "Enhanced Syntax Coloring" enabled and Visual Studio 2012 "Highlight current line" enabled. And they are interfering:

Note how line highlight is interrupted with background from variable names. There is no such thing if "Enhanced Syntax Coloring" is disabled.

Also please note that references for refLab variable are not highlighted in the text, while "Highlight references" option is enabled in VAX. So I have two problems.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikhail.matrosov Posted - Nov 06 2013 : 05:08:50 AM
It works now, thanks. And it was a bit confusing to have two VAX options: "Highlight references using" and "Automatically highlight references to symbol under cursor". Once I enabled first, I didn't even search for the second.

Anyway, it works now, thanks.
accord Posted - Nov 05 2013 : 10:38:10 PM
*oops* I was able to reproduce the problem after restarting VS with your imported settings, and here is the solution:

1. Open VA Options dialogs
2. Uncheck: Advanced -> Refactoring -> Automatically highlight references to symbol under cursor
3. Click OK
4. Open VA Options dialogs
5. Check: Advanced -> Refactoring -> Automatically highlight references to symbol under cursor
6. Click OK
7. VA asks you to disable the VS equivalent:

Select yes.

It should work now. As I can see you have disabled intellisense and the highlighting feature for intellisense seems to be on. Strangely it shows "True" for "Disable Reference Highlighting" in gray, but when I enable intellisense it shows "False" in non-gray.

Either way, this trick has solved the problem for me.
accord Posted - Nov 05 2013 : 9:18:54 PM
Hopefully it was a one-off problem and stays fixed. Let's concentrate on the highlight problem.

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem here, using your settings and your code snippet.
1. Are the references highlighted for other variables?
2. What happens if you run VA's Find References over refLab? Does it find both references?
mikhail.matrosov Posted - Nov 05 2013 : 12:20:36 AM
I've send the settings.

Please note, that the problem with interrupted current line highlighting magically disappeared somehow. I didn't change any setting since then. However, reference highlighting still doesn't work.
accord Posted - Nov 01 2013 : 5:33:22 PM
I wasn't able to reproduce the problem here using VS2012 and VA2012.

Do you have update 3 installed for Visual Studio 2012?
Which version of Visual Assist are you using?
Can you please send in your Visual Studio and Visual Assist settings? So I can import them here to see if I am able to reproduce this.

1. IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

2. VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings

You can send the files in using our support page:
http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

Please paste the URL of this page into the description field so we can match it up.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000