Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Silent install for VS2010 fails when VS2005 exists

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Slansing Posted - Nov 04 2013 : 5:23:48 PM
I was preparing a new silent install script. Following http://www.wholetomato.com/support/autoinstall.asp, I used this code:
<network share>\\Whole_Tomato_Visual_Assist\\VA_X_Setup2001.exe /S /LU "<our dictated name>" /LK "<our dictated reg code>"

If VS2005 exists, it seems to only install there. I re-attempted with JUST the /s flag and get the same result.

Note that the registry user/key silent install does work.

My machine:
Win 7
VS2005
VS2010
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 04 2013 : 7:41:12 PM
This is working for me, Windows 7 64bit, VS2005, VS2010 and several other IDE's all installed, doing a silent install from a network share.

Can you please check a couple of things. Which user is the install script run as? Are you checking VS2010 while logged in as this user? In VS2010 and above extensions are installed on a per-user basis. In VS2008 and earlier VA is installed for all users on the machine.

So if you are using a different user account this will explain the problem.

If you are using the same user account, please look in:

IDE tools menu -> Extension Manager...

is Visual Assist X listed as one of the installed extensions? If so, it might be disabled.

Also can you check the IDE setting:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Extension Manager -> Load per user extensions when running as administrator

if this is turned Off it might well be stopping VA from loading even if it has installed correctly.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000