Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Custom "Stable include files" is not saved

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ahkow Posted - Jan 20 2014 : 5:26:39 PM
I am using build 2023 and Visual Studio 2012. I have tried numerous time to add entries into "Custom" of "Stable include files", then click "Rebuild" in Performance. But when I restart Visual Studio 2012, the new entries are gone. The specific folders I tried are:

C:\\Qt\\Qt5.2.0\\5.2.0\\msvc2012\\include
C:\\Qt\\Qt5.2.0\\5.2.0\\msvc2012\\include\\QtCore

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jan 30 2014 : 10:02:54 PM
A simple and effective solution, thank you for posting this Obviously you will have to remember you changed the registry key permissions if and when you need to edit VA's stable include directories, but that should be a fairly rare situation.

I have made a note of this for future reference, since you are unlikely to be the only person who encounters this.
ahkow Posted - Jan 25 2014 : 6:29:47 PM
Thanks, the workaround I can see is to change permission for the registry key to prevent VAX from changing them. Then move the directories from the project's Additional Include Directories to VC++ Directories -> Include Directories.
feline Posted - Jan 24 2014 : 8:10:22 PM
Interesting, and thank you for the update. I am not sure why this did not happen in my test, perhaps a problem with my Qt setup.

While a bit of a surprise, this actually makes sense, since additional include directories are handled slightly differently to stable include directories, so you don't want the same directory in both lists at once.

For example, you can set symbols from the stable include directories to be shown in italics, and stable include directories are not expected to change. Additional include directories are often much more fluid and need to be rescanned on a regular basis.
ahkow Posted - Jan 24 2014 : 7:50:32 PM
I think I found the reason: VAX will remove the custom path if the project's Additional Include Directories contain the custom path or subdirectories of the custom path.

Say I add d:\\test to Custom path. Then add d:\\test to Additional Include Directories. Pressing OK to close the project properties will make VAX remove d:\\test from Custom path. If you add a subdirectory of the custom path, restarting VS and load the project will remove the Custom path.

This happens to all projects, not just Qt projects. It "automatically" happens to Qt projects since Qt Add-in automatically add some Qt include paths to Additional Include Directories.
feline Posted - Jan 24 2014 : 1:22:50 PM
This is very strange. So far I cannot reproduce under Windows 7 64bit, now trying this under Windows 8.1.
ahkow Posted - Jan 21 2014 : 08:36:00 AM
Windows 8.1 64-bit. I installed Qt Add-in 1.2.2 (http://qt-project.org/downloads) too.
I am running one instance. The option is saved after I exit VS. I confirmed it through this registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Whole Tomato\\Visual Assist X\\VANet11\\Custom\\SystemInclude

But after further checks, I found that VAX will delete the Qt entries when I open a Qt project. This is how I test:
1. Create a new non-Qt application, such as "Win32 Console Application".
2. Add C:\\Qt\\Qt5.2.0\\5.2.0\\msvc2012\\include to "Custom" -> "Stable include files".
3. Click "Rebuild".
4. Restart VS. Load the same project. Open Options and the Qt entry is still there.
5. Create a "Qt Application" project (this project item is added by Qt Add-in).
6. Restart VS. Load the Qt project. Open Options and the Qt entry is gone.
feline Posted - Jan 20 2014 : 8:45:25 PM
Which OS are you using?

Changing this directory list works fine for me, VS2012, VA 2023, running under Windows 7 64bit.

It almost sounds like you don't have permissions to save your VA settings, or something is overwriting the changes. Do you run more than one instance of the IDE at the same time? If you do, when you close the second instance of the IDE it will save out its VA settings, overwriting the changes made to in the first instance you closed.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000