Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 final macro

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sykim25 Posted - Feb 10 2014 : 10:18:09 PM
10.8.2023.0 built 2013.12.20

VS 2010 English

#ifdef _MSC_VER
# if _MSC_VER >= 1800
# define __FINAL__ final
# elif _MSC_VER >= 1600
# define __FINAL__ sealed
# else
# define __FINAL__
# endif
#else
# define __FINAL__
#endif

struct AAA __FINAL__
{
int x;
};

when i use this code, __FINAL__ is the type color.
and AAA is just black.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 13 2014 : 7:56:38 PM
VA is designed to parse all branches when it sees a #if #endif or #if #else #endif block, so that it can be active inside and help with you coding all branches. So VA is seeing all of the #defines.

As a general rule VA uses the first version of a #define it sees when there is more than one version present. So re-ordering the #define's in the code can help here, or you can instead use the "va_stdafx.h" file, which is parsed before your solution, to set the version you want VA to use.

I hope this makes sense, and helps to explain what is happening here. What I am not sure of is why your code was confusing VA, but thankfully the "va_stdafx.h" file is a simple fix.
sykim25 Posted - Feb 12 2014 : 10:55:23 PM
Thanks.

It fix the color by override feature.

I hope next version is better because of this report.
feline Posted - Feb 12 2014 : 7:46:38 PM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description. If you create a new file called "va_stdafx.h", and place it in the same directory as your solutions .SLN file, and add the content:

# define __FINAL__ sealed

and make sure the file ends with a blank line. There is no need to add the file to your solution, VA looks for the file by name. Now trigger a rebuild of your solution:

VA Options -> Performance -> Rebuild symbol databases

This is explained in more detail here:

https://wholetomato.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W302

this has fixed the problem for me, so it will hopefully fix this for you as well.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000