Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 MFC CWnd object pWnd->pm suggests PostMessageW

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
xMRi Posted - Jun 22 2023 : 05:21:51 AM
I have a MFC project.

A CWnd class has a PostMessage function.

Now assume the code

CWnd *pWnd = nullptr;
pWnd->pm /

Typeing this the pmthe suggestions is PostMessageW. Why The function is internally declared as PostMessage. Yes there is a define for PostMessage to PostMessageW.
I don't want to see the W.

Is there a setting?

If I write code in the _T-Notation I can use PostMessage in an Unicode and non-Unicode project.

Regards
Martin
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 14 2023 : 06:52:32 AM
Excellent news, thank you for the update. I am curious as to which IDE option is the trigger here, but not curious enough to actually "diff" the options between two systems trying to find it. I know from experience how long that can take, there are a LOT of options to check
xMRi Posted - Jul 13 2023 : 10:26:12 AM
Fixed.

Thanks!
feline Posted - Jul 13 2023 : 10:03:41 AM
I have the settings, thank you for these. The problem starts happening when I import your IDE settings, so something in there is a factor. After importing your VA settings, I set:

VA Options -> Enhanced Listboxes -> Source of C/C++ content: Visual Assist

and this fixed the problem for me. Can you try this and see how it works for you?
xMRi Posted - Jul 13 2023 : 02:12:04 AM
I get this in every project. Even non MFC projects.

Strange inside a CWnd class typing pm it gives me PostMessage as a suggestion.
Using this->pm gives me PostMessageW as a suggestion.

You got mail.

feline Posted - Jul 11 2023 : 11:22:22 AM
Do you get the same problem in a new, default MFC solution?

If so, would you be able to send me a copy of that solution, along with your VA and IDE settings?

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

The solution is helpful since I am wondering if the SDK version you are targeting is a factor. Something has to be going on here, since this seems like a really simple test, yet we are seeing different things.

Please send me the files via email:

[email protected]

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.
xMRi Posted - Jul 11 2023 : 08:15:09 AM
On.
feline Posted - Jul 11 2023 : 08:06:33 AM
Do you have:

VA Options -> Floating Buttons and Icons -> Denote content from Visual Assist with tomato icons

On or Off?

I have just checked VS2022, and I am getting different icons when I mouse hover over the listbox, for the filter bar at the bottom of the listbox, so I am wondering if you are seeing an IDE listbox, rather than a VA listbox. That might help to explain the different listbox content we are getting.
xMRi Posted - Jul 11 2023 : 04:17:23 AM
Using VS-2022 VAX Build 2488
I see this

feline Posted - Jul 10 2023 : 10:38:47 AM
Apologies for the slow reply.

Using VS2019 and VA 2491.0 I am sitting inside a simple MFC application, and I have added this simple test code, and this is the listbox I am seeing:

This is with:

VA Options -> Enhanced Listboxes -> Source of C/C++ content: Visual Assist

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000