Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Highlighting turn off automatically

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
csc14us Posted - Jul 06 2023 : 8:38:04 PM
Hi, is there a way to set up VA so that once I click the mouse onto a blank part of the editor, the highlights disappear? It's something that VS does, and I like it.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 14 2023 : 08:54:26 AM
We are considering adding an option to do this:

case=105134
csc14us Posted - Jul 13 2023 : 10:25:23 AM
Hi, I appreciate the suggestion. I'm not sure if that is an improvement but will consider it. Is it possible to ask for a feature to offer the requested option?
feline Posted - Jul 13 2023 : 08:36:16 AM
Have you considered turning Off:

VA Options -> Highlighting -> Highlight write and read references to symbol under cursor

you can then map a keyboard shortcut to the command:

VAssistX.FindSelected

in the IDE keyboard settings. I have mapped this to Alt+K personally. Assuming you have the setting:

VA Options -> Highlighting -> Highlight results of Quick Find and Find in Files

turned On, you can press Alt+K to highlight all instances of the symbol the keyboard caret is in, as if you had done a find, without actually needing to do a find, or move the keyboard caret. The highlighting doesn't automatically disappear, but it only appears when you trigger it, rather than constantly appearing and moving as you move the keyboard caret around the file, so this might work better for you.
csc14us Posted - Jul 11 2023 : 6:01:49 PM
I cannot because I don't use Intellisense. This is disappointing.
feline Posted - Jul 07 2023 : 10:45:28 AM
Not currently. You can use the Escape key to clear the highlighting that appears from the setting:

VA Options -> Highlighting -> Highlight write and read references to symbol under cursor

You can always turn this off and use the IDE version of the highlighting instead if you prefer it.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000