Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Help debugging vax parsing failures

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gestell Posted - Aug 30 2024 : 02:52:40 AM
Hi,

Most of the functions in my project aren't being detected as functions to visual assist and so they don't come up in the symbols dialog, nor can I perform change signature on them, and the colors are default Visual Studio colors.

However Visual Studio's intellisense likes my code, it compiles and the refactorings like reorder parameter works with Visual Studio's refactoring commands.

I have tried changing the Enhanced Listboxes -> Source of C/C++ content to "Default Intellisense" but that didn't make a difference.

What do I do? How can I isolate what is causing the problem?

Thank you for your time.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 03 2024 : 10:00:25 AM
Being discussed via email:

case=164918
gestell Posted - Aug 30 2024 : 12:34:49 PM
I emailed a zip file of the entire project--it is 100+ files, hope that is OK.

It does use macros to generate typedefs, but other projects that I have that use the same macros work fine with vax. So I wasn't able to localize it to a single file--so I thought I'd ask if there was a log I could get of how it is processing files and to see if I could find out what is causing the problem.
feline Posted - Aug 30 2024 : 05:20:33 AM
If you go to a header file, what is shown in VA Outline? What about the Alt-M list? Are either of these showing your functions?

Are you using a lot of macros to help declare your functions?

Can you post or send me a small sample file showing the problem? Any code you send would be used purely to understand the problem. So hopefully sending a very small header file will be an option, if you have one that shows the problem.

Please send me the files via email:

[email protected]

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000