Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA Outline - Truncate Class Name

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jakeslade Posted - Sep 17 2024 : 09:30:22 AM
Hello,

I have few issues with "VA Outline" window.

1. It can't truncate class name from the method. I followed steps here:
https://www.wholetomato.com/kb/c/configure-va-outline-to-show-class-names

But it doesn't work. Which renders this window effectively useless for my setup, it uses too much real estate on my screen.

2. I don't have syntax highlighting like the picture in the link above. It's just black text. I have the same issue for intellisense method suggestions etc. Can I change that?

Here's a sample of how my Outline window appears. Compared to the preview images at the webpage I linked, it's very ugly.

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 18 2024 : 07:53:27 AM
I was going to suggest those settings for the lack of colouring. You might also want to check the other options for where VA applies its colouring.

For VA Outline, interesting, I had not noticed this before. I am seeing the same problem with template function implementations. I have put in a bug report for this:

case=164967
jakeslade Posted - Sep 17 2024 : 09:40:42 AM
Actually, it appears to be an issue with templates only. Not perfect, but I can live with it.

I fixed the syntax highlighting by selecting the appropriate checkboxes at Extensions -> VAssistX -> Options -> Coloring and Attributes.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000