Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 CMake project support?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
loger9 Posted - Sep 25 2024 : 1:17:46 PM
Hello, I am porting my solution into a CMake project to be able to use Ninja and ccache. It is an out-of-source build (https://cgold.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorials/out-of-source.html), just a nice thing to do. It all works fine (weird UX all around, but hey almost 10 times faster in some scenarios ).

There is one problem though: Visual Assist displays absolutely nothing when searching files, it can only find the files that are in the Folder View in Solution Explorer (which is only the root CMakeLists.txt and the CMakePresets.json file). I think Visual Assist might not support out of source builds at all.

To make the point clear, this is what you see in Folder View:

And this is what you see in CMake Targets view (all the files and modules are there):

Would be nice to support this! :)
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 27 2024 : 10:56:58 AM
I have the sample, thank you for that. I have replied via email:

case=165007
loger9 Posted - Sep 27 2024 : 07:11:33 AM
> Would you be able to send me a very simple CMake project that is structured like this, so I can try and understand what you are doing?

I can't share this project in particular but I can easily recreate a small one. I will send it to your email.

> It sounds like CMake is pulling in the source code from another directory, is this correct?

This is correct! I didn't explain that well.
feline Posted - Sep 26 2024 : 09:04:21 AM
Would you be able to send me a very simple CMake project that is structured like this, so I can try and understand what you are doing? If so, please send me the files via email:

[email protected]

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.

Or do you know of an example I can download to look at?

It sounds like CMake is pulling in the source code from another directory, is this correct?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000