Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Focus lost when searching

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
IanB Posted - Oct 03 2024 : 07:58:17 AM
If I hit Ctrl+F and then type some text, the first character goes in the Find box but then focus is lost, and subsequent characters go in the file that is being edited.

I've had this issue since installing 2024.7. I've now downgraded back to 2024.6 and the issue has gone away.

Visual Studio 2022 v17.11.4
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 04 2024 : 12:13:19 PM
For anyone else who runs into this, does turning Off:

VA Options -> Display -> Display VA Navigation Bar:

also fixes the problem for me. But obviously you loose the benefits of having this bar showing, including the Alt-M list.
feline Posted - Oct 03 2024 : 08:29:00 AM
Unfortunately this is a bug in the latest version. I have put in an urgent bug report for this, since this really is getting in the way:

case=165029

For now, if you use Ctrl-Shift-F for the full Find dialog, rather than Ctrl-F for the Quick Find dialog, this avoids the problem. You do then need to change the find scope to the current document to get the same result, but it is a work around for now. Obviously going back to the previous version also works to fix this.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000