| T O P I C R E V I E W |
| GregDude |
Posted - Sep 28 2026 : 6:09:30 PM The Open File in Solution dialog is used to locate files by name or partial name. The displayed results however are not as expected.
eg. Search for somefile List does show somefile, but buried deep after othersomefilemore.cpp folder\somefile\more yet_some_file_other.ext etc. User would expect if there is a file with exact match of name, it would be shown first!
|
| 1 L A T E S T R E P L I E S (Newest First) |
| feline |
Posted - Sep 29 2026 : 07:18:19 AM Apologies for this. I think this is covered by:
case=312
Where someone else is looking for the exact match to be preferred. When I experimented with a test case that shows the problem well, one effect I identified is that the OFIS dialog will default to the last opened file. If you then enter a new search that still matches the last opened file, this can become a confusing factor. But if your new search doesn't match the last opened file you won't even notice this effect.
If you have a couple of minutes could you email me about this at:
[email protected]
I ask because email bug reports get more priority than forum bug reports in our new system. Just copy and pasting the description above will be ample. |
|
|